What does Scan of the LED screen mean?
In the full-color, single-color, two-color series products of LED electronic display, the scanning methods are 1/16, 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, static and so on. What if there is a difference? A simplest method is to count the number of LEDs on the LED large screen unit board and the number of 74HC595.
Calculation method: divide the number of leds by the number of 74HC595 and then divide by 8 = fractional scan
The real pixel LED electronic screen corresponds to the virtual LED electronic display screen: in short, the real pixel screen means that each of the three light-emitting tubes of red, green and blue that constitute the LED display only participates in one pixel at the end. imaging application to achieve satisfactory brightness.
The virtual pixel uses a software algorithm to control the end of each color light-emitting tube to participate in the imaging of multiple adjacent pixels, so that a larger resolution can be achieved with fewer light tubes, which can increase the display resolution by four times.
In the full-color LED display series products, there are 16 scans, 8 scans, 4 scans, etc., and there are differences between them as follows:
1. The scanning method of the LED screen is different;
2. The brightness of the LED screen is different (16s is less than 8s and less than 4s)
3. The quotations are different, which may be understood as the number of driver IC chips used (the same type of 16s is lower than 8s and lower than 4s)
The LED display screens on the current market can be roughly divided into two methods: static scanning and dynamic scanning! Static scanning is divided into static real pixels and static virtual! Dynamic scanning is also divided into dynamic real image and dynamic virtual, with 2 scans, 4 scans, 8 scans, and 16 scans.
To illustrate: an outdoor PH16 full-color LED display commonly used full-color module pixel is 16*8 (2R1G1B), if it is driven by MBI5026, the module uses:
16*8*(2+1+1)=512 lamps, MBI5026 is a 16-bit chip, 512/16=32
(1) If 32 MBI5026 chips are used, it is a static virtual
(2) If 16 MBI5026 chips are used, it is a dynamic 1/2 scan virtual
(3) If 8 MBI5026 chips are used, it is a dynamic 1/4 scan virtual
If two red lights are connected in series on the full-color LED display unit board
(4) Using 24 MBI5026 chips, it is a static real pixel
(5) With 12 MBI5026 chips, it is a dynamic 1/2 scan real pixel
(6) Using 6 MBI5026 chips, it is a dynamic 1/4 scan real pixel